Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Connor's first time Bearing his Testimony

Today in church we had fast and testimony meeting because of Stake Conference next weekend. The first few people bore their testimonies and Connor decided that it was his turn to talk. I am sad to say that it has been years since I have bore my testimony in Sacrament, I do not enjoy public speaking and getting up in front of people without flash cards to direct me terrifies me. Donovan feels the same way although before speaking in Sacrament a couple of months ago he had never stood up and spoke in church, or bore is testimony. So we spent the next 30 minutes saying to each other no you go with him. As we are going back and forth every couple of minutes Connor is yelling he wants to talk and that he waited his turn, of course loud enough that most of the chapel was hearing his protests. I am ashamed to tell of how awful of a mom I am for not jumping at this opportunity. With 5 minutes left of Sacrament Donovan walked out little boy up to the front of the Chapel. Connor got right up to the microphone and started with " I love my birthday, I like to bear my testimony, I love my family, I love church, I love my Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen" Donovan helped with only a few words of Connor's testimony it truly was from his heart. I am so grateful for Donovan and the man that he is, I am so grateful to have a worthy priesthood holder to lead and direct our home. As I sat watching my little boy and husband my eyes filled with tears, I am so proud of Connor and I hope that he will continue to love and cherish the gospel. I am reminded of the innocence of children. Connor had no fears as he proudly walked to the front of the chapel, his testimony was sweet and from the heart, no fancy words just the basics, it's in these moments that I learn so much from my son, and I thank the Lord every day for the blessing and example that he is in our lives. I pray daily that I can be a better Mom and take these sweet examples and allow them to strengthen my testimony, hoping that I one day can have the innocence and strength of my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment